- 1 English cucumber (about 11 ounces)
- ½ medium sweet onion, preferably Vidalia
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave off alternating strips of cucumber to create a striped effect. Thinly slice the cucumber and place in a bowl.
- Cut the onion very thinly crosswise with a knife or mandoline. Add to the cucumber. Drizzle with vinegar. Add dill, salt and pepper and gently stir to combine. Let stand for 15 minutes to briefly marinate. Gently stir again before serving.