- 5 medium beets
- splash of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp canola oil vegetable
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- salt & pepper
- roasted beets
- 1 cup cubed fresh strawberries
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- First roast the beets. To do this, I trim off the tops and bottoms of the beets, then cut them in half and place them in the center of a sheet of tin foil, drizzle them with oil and wrap them up in the foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients, and set aside.
Putting it all together:
- Once the beets have been roasted, remove the beet skins then cut the beets in to small cubes.
- Then add the beets, strawberries and onions to a pretty serving bowl.
- Toss with the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese and extra fresh ground pepper.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
This salad is best enjoyed right away.