- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup stems, finely chopped (about 4-6 stalks)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Swiss chard leaves, roughly chopped
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside on a serving platter.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Saute the Swiss chard stems and shallots until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and saute until they have lost their firmness.
- Add the garlic and Swiss chard leaves and continue to saute until the leaves have softened.
- Remove from heat and slide on top of the cooked quinoa and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.