- 4 Large Ripe Tomatoes Cored and Cut Into 1/2 Inch Wedges
- 1/2 Plus 1/8 or to Taste Divided Salt
- 2 Cups Baby Arugula
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon or to Taste Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chevre Crumbled (or feta)
- 1. In a medium bowl, sprinkle tomatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt and gently mix. Transfer tomatoes to a triple paper towel lined baking sheet and allow tomatoes to drain for 15 minutes. Flip tomatoes and continue to drain another 15 minutes.
- 2. Place drained tomatoes to a medium bowl. Add arugula, basil, oil, vinegar, garlic 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and, very gently, toss until seasoning is evenly distributed. Allow salad to marinade for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Sprinkle salad with cheese and serve.
Recipe from: gonnawantseconds.comMARINATED TOMATO SALAD