Chickpea and Spinach Tacos
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable oil (optional)
- 3 ea. Garlic, cloves, minced
- 8 oz. Spinach, cleaned
- ⅛ cup Vegetable stock
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 ea. Avocado, sliced
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup Pepitas, toasted (optional)
- 9 Corn tortillas
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan to medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic begins to release its aroma.
- Add the spinach and the ⅛ of a cup of vegetable stock. Cover and let cook for 3 – 4 minutes until the spinach has wilted and cooked down.
- Add the chickpeas, stir, cook for 1 minute to ensure they are warm, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas and top with cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, your favorite salsa, and toasted pepitas for some crunch.