- 2 1/4 cups feta (about 10 ounces), crumbled, divided
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds *optional
- 1 1/2 pounds Little Gem lettuce or hearts of romaine, stemmed and torn by hand
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves *optional
- Purée 1 3/4 cups feta, yogurt, ground cumin, lemon zest, and garlic in a food processor/blender or beat by hand until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring until seeds are aromatic and slightly darker in color, 3-4 minutes. Let cool; set aside.
- Toss lettuce in a large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper. Garnish with cumin seeds, oregano, and remaining 1/2 cup feta.