• 1 lb summer squash (zucchini and yellow squash mix)
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• small pinch each of chili powder, cajun seasoning, cayenne, and salt
• 2 avocados
• juice of 1 lime
• 8 corn tortillas
• red onion
• cojita cheese
1. Cut the squash in half length wise and then into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
2. Toss the squash with olive oil and spices to taste.
3. Heat the grill to medium-high and watching carefully, sear squash on all sides just until heated through and crispy on the outside. Remove from grill and place on platter.
4. In a small bowl, mash avocados with lime juice and a pinch of salt.
5. Optional- but I like to throw the tortillas on the grill for just a minute to heat through!
6. To serve tacos, spread some smashed avocado on each tortilla and then top with 3-4 pieces of summer squash.
7. Optional: top each taco with crumbled cojita cheese (or feta), fresh cilantro and thinly sliced red onion.
Recipe source: mountainmamacooks.com